Monday, January 31, 2011

Bright Eyes

Conor Oberst
He ceases to amaze me with his music. All of the projects he is involved in make me so damn happy! I would even go as far as to say that he is my favorite artist of all time, and that is saying a lot. That is ruling out a lot of amazing artists. The new album from Bright Eyes (The People's Key) is  a change of pace from my point of view. The music is so much more happy and uplifting that I'm used to and I couldn't love it more. I tattooed "Yellow Bird" across my stomach almost three years ago now and I still have no reason to regret dedicating that portion of my skin to this man. (lol) He has made a bigger impact on my life than any other artist I've listened to. If I ever got a change to meet this man I have no idea what I would want to talk about but I would definitely start with a simple "Thank you, so much". I have spent countless hours listening to Bright Eyes (my favorite project of Conor's) and I wouldn't take a single second back. :) I have no idea what I would be listening to if I had never discovered Conor Oberst.

No comments:

Post a Comment